How do I set my Global Security Settings for Flash?
When Flash content is being played, the settings you select for Flash Player are used in place of options you may have set in your browser. That is, even if you have specified in your browser settings that you do not want cookies placed on your computer, you may be asked if a Flash application can store information. This happens because the information stored by Flash Player is not the same as a cookie; it is used only by the Flash application, and has no relation to any other Internet privacy or security settings you may have set in your browser.
You probably need to visit the Flash settings on the Global Security Panel to allow your presentation to work on your computer, regardless of other settings you have on your browser. It doesn’t matter if you are watching the presentation through the Internet or from a CD; the flash player will behave the same way. To modify the security settings:
- Go to the Setting Manager
- Click on the Global Security Panel Manager, the box on the top right of the page.
- Click on the “Edit Locations” menu and a drop down menu will appear.
- Click “Add Location”
- Click “Browse for folder” to find the folder that holds the presentation.
- Select the folder and click OK. The folder will be on the CD unless you have copied it to another location on your computer.
- Click on the index.html shortcut icon to start the presentation.